Skip to main content

my why

If you’ve achieved any number of years, you will be, or already have been faced with constant transition, challenges, and change.
Born out of these challenges is an opportunity for greatness. Everyone wants to leave a mark on the world, and everyone has something of value. We’re all on a quest to find that one thing that we can finally say “Ah, that’s why! That was my purpose for living.”
~Sandy Peckinpah~
Almost 3 years ago, I was tired of living life on the same old roller coaster.  Unhealthy habits, riding through the days one sugar high then crash after another, and having no sustainable energy led me to simply whisper a prayer for help.
Help for what, you ask...help to find the answers to being healthy, feeling good, and making the outside match the inside of me.  Help to find what works for me to finally discover what I believed to be a "normal" lifestyle felt like.
Through the course of some months' time, and through some unique ways, my prayer became answered.  I covered some of this journey toward answers in previous posts which can be read here, here, and here.
Anyway...currently, I find myself almost two years into my personal lifestyle changes for a healthier version of myself, almost one year into coaching others to finding a healthier version of themselves, and it just occurred to me that I was living a "normal" lifestyle back in the day.  It is what people accept to be okay, know no better to seek to get out from its grasp, and down right refuse to change. What I have now is far from normal; it's considered crazy by more than a few; flatly rejected by others....and it's the BEST life I have ever lived.
Why would I intentionally set myself apart from the norm day after day after day?
Because I am worth it.
Because finding my life after all these years of struggling with weight and self-image is worth it.
Because you are worth it.
Because sharing my story, which has an entire message of hope, encouragement, confidence and strength embedded within it, is worth it.
Because empowering you with what I have learned, experienced, failed at, succeeded with, and (at times) cried through, is worth it.
My why that keeps me drinking Shakeology, surviving cardio with Shaun T, enduring surrenders with Autumn Calabrese, lifting heavy with Sagi Kalev, trying to find rhythm with Chalean Johnson, and laughing through ab work with Tony Horton is the simple fact that doing these things has given me a more abundant life oustide of doing them.
My why that keeps me sharing with you my results with these tools that I have found to work for me is because I believe that you can find and I want you to have the same sort of abundant life outside of them as well.
You can feel better.  You can become stronger.  You can find balance.  You can make a difference in your health.  You can have sustained energy throughout the day.  You can sleep better.  You can keep up with your kids/grandkids.  You can eat healthier.  You can lose weight.  You can feel confident in photos.  You can feel as beautiful as you look.  You can stop hiding behind baggy clothes.  You can be your own boss.  You can have self control over food.  And more.
My why is you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.