Skip to main content

it's not about me

I reminded myself of this recently.
It's not about me at all, this wellness journey I am on to a healhier version of myself.
Not at all.
Never has been, really.

It is about the people who invest in me.
My husband. My boys. My family. My friends.
They all share themselves with me.
When I am not at my best, I'm not giving them a good return for their investment.
They get the tired looks, the lack of energy excuses, and the wimpy "maybe next time" cop outs.
I have come to realize that those that take precious time to invest in me deserve better from me. I need to adhere to the direction given on any flight I've ever been on that goes something like this: make sure your own oxygen mask is properly secured before helping others. If I don't take care of myself first, my ability to care for others effectively diminishes quickly.
My choosing clean eating, drinking enough water, and exercising on a daily basis is how I put on my mask first. Am I perfect at meeting the needs of everyone? Never. But I am better prepared to be a help instead of a hindrance.
And, while great treat foods are a part of time together with family and friends, I'm not indulging so much that I'm feeling lackluster and missing out on valuable time to make memories.

This journey is also about the people/events who interrupt my regularly scheduled life.
Not a bad thing; just reality.
Emergencies, unexpected events, personal crises happen. We don't expect them. We don't see them coming. We are interrupted by them.
Feeling good on a consistent basis helps me see things more clearly instead of through a fog of pain, doubt, and/or a non-energized state of mind. I am better equipped mentally to handle stress because my body has a daily release for it in place. Kind of the "own mask in place" analogy again...this time in order to respond to emergencies and urgent needs of others with confidence and clarity in place of reacting with fear and panic.
Again, not perfect. Guilty at responding late or not at all and allowing excuses to keep me from assisting others in their time of need, but I'm better prepared to do it well more so than before I was taking care of my health and well-being consistently.

Finally, but not finitely, my journey is about the people who may become inspired to do something different for their own health.
Those who openly engage with me about my healthier lifestyle choices or those who watch from a safe, quiet distance are both being exposed to the possibilities of a more active, vibrant outlook on life. Anything this recovering chips and dip eating, couch potato living gal can accomplish for a healthier lifestyle is attainable by anyone who puts forth the effort.
It's for my boys who are growing up way so quickly and will be making choices on their own sooner than later. It's for the women who have tried "everything" and see no results. It's for the men who think they can eat anything they want since they "work out" and they will be just fine. [This is not true, by the way, from an overall health perspective. Health is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise.] It's for anyone wanting to feel better, have more energy, sleep more soundly, and have a better mindset with which you face each day.

My journey is about you.
If you're still reading this, thank you.
You matter to me.
Never does anyone have to do exactly what I do to feel better and have a more full life.
For anyone who does not know how to start or how to start over where they are at, however, I assure you that Beachbody has the tools, trainers, and the mindset training to promote finding a way out of a lackluster lifestyle and into a livelier one.
I'm here to help you through the choices.
Just say the word.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.