Skip to main content

epic journey...day 2

Sunday, July 18th
Church was awesome this morning...heard a sermon on Jonah, preached in a way unlike ever before.  Pastor Graham brought out that the story of Jonah and Ninevah as a story of love and grace.  We like Jonah are all runners and there will always be a "ship" nearby ready and waiting to take us to our Tarshish.  It was God's grace that had a big fish swallow Jonah...that consequence was not God's way of paying Jonah back, it was His way of winning Him back.  God loved Ninevah enough to send Jonah there with a message of hope...God loves Anchorage enough to send people here with a message of hope as well.  Great way to start my GraceWorks week!
Lunch at the Warren's and then off to Eagle River to see my mission field for the week and to meet those already arriving.  First Baptist Eagle River has a great kitchen...I had no idea it would be so filled with such great memories of fellowship and fun by the end of the week.  Took a tour of the annex and helped fill air mattresses and pass out blankets and pillows.  Scott (Kirby) arrived and gave me a big hug and welcomed me "home".  He told me that the two weeks I chose to come to AK worked out perfectly to help cover the kitchen needs.  It's awesome to see God's timing in this, especially when you consider it was last November or so when I chose the dates.  
Hugs and greetings from Jerry and Melissa...still can't believe we're all from Newnan and met in AK last year.  Saw Jay, too, from last year and met a few more team members coming in from Texas.  It was a great start to the week for us in Eagle River.
Traci and I ended our day by buying out Wal-Mart...being in ER, we had nothing in stock.
It's going to be a great week, I just know it!       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

3 in 30 Check In: Minor Technicalities

Having a great month...getting things accomplished and finding myself excited that the newness of 2011 hasn't worn off yet is so awesome. Closets are all cleaned out but mine...getting to the last one of six feels great and I cannot wait to rummage through it. As for making it to the Y three times...thanks to our ice and a minor back injury , that hasn't happened, but I have a chance tomorrow and Saturday to make it there at least twice this week.  So looking forward to it, even if I walk a little funny getting there. And, there are plans in the making of a new endeavor for me to use a newly acquired skill to bless others.  Baby steps of hope in the right direction. And, I've had a chance to think ahead to next month's goals...can't wait!  Thank you, God, for a wonderful week!