Skip to main content

Oregon or bust!

May 27th, 2015

It is high time to finish posting about my birthday season...we took a vacation to finish out the month of May, so I did not blog any while away.  Couldn't have in some places even if I had wanted to.  A few places remain where a cell phone will not work and there is no wifi.  And, we survived.  Gasp!  
On the afternoon of Wednesday, May 27th, we flew from Atlanta to Portland.
The view of Mt. Hood was stunning from the airplane!a Shortly after arriving, we made our way via rental car to Multnomah Falls, located just outside of Portland.  Much to our surprise, the falls are just a short walk from the parking lot.  It was a beautiful evening to be outside and enjoying a waterfall.
c
The drive to the falls and further on, then, to our B&B for the night, reminded us all of our drive from Anchorage to Denali National Park.

b

We stopped to have a late dinner.  We noticed straight away that the small towns roll up their sidewalks around 8 pm. Took us a minute or two to locate an open establishment, but when we did, we were not disappointed.

252The Cascade Locks Ale House in Cascade Locks, OR, (of course) was open yet for another hour.  Asking about what they were known for, we found out that their pizza was the crowd pleaser.  We ordered a pepperoni and a Jamaican Bacon.  Oh. my. goodness.  The Jamaican Bacon pizza was amazing!!!  All of their pizzas had really cool names and most would be on a list to try if we had had more time.

We made our way on to Hood River where we were staying for the night at the Inn at the Gorge.  A quaint B&B, it was.  Wonderful place to relax on our first evening, rest from our time zone hopping journey to the West Coast, and enjoy a tasty breakfast with other guests the following morning.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.