Skip to main content

1st Day of School

We began our 2011-2012 school year yesterday morning.  It was a good day. 
I awoke to my alarm going off at 4:30 so I could get back into the routine of going to the Y in the mornings.  It was a good reminder of how much more I get done in the mornings when I go to the Y first thing.
I saw Scott off to work. 
The boys awoke in good moods and were more than pleasant getting up and moving.
School started in good measure and we had a very productive first day.
We enjoyed a swim at Nana's house after school..celebrating anything and everything poolside is always a great treat!
Worshipped at Church Wednesday evening...good time of fellowship with friends following the service.
My favorite moment of the day...
At bedtime, Alex came to me and gave me a big hug and said, "I had a great day with you today!  Love you so much...you ready for another great day tomorrow?"
Yes, my sweet Alex.  Many times over.
A good day indeed.




Comments

  1. Such a nice first day! We start back after Labor Day. I think a bouquet of fresh flowers is a wonderful addition to a teacher's desk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it sounds like your first day was awesome!! How fun! Love it all... Welcome back to school. :) We start on the 29th

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading about your first day. I am looking forward to when we are able to homeschool again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone! We have had a great start to our school year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.