Skip to main content

searching for answers...finding more questions

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea." - Antoine De Saint-Exupery

I ran across this quote today...merely making sure that I spelled the word "inspiring" correctly (which I had) and Google gave me a list of choices "they" thought I might be searcing for, including "inspiring quotes" at the top of the list. I don't think it was by chance that I went ahead and clicked on the top choice. This quote kind of like jumped off the screen at me, catching my attention right away.

Now, mind you, I was in mid message to someone...needing to get things done...and there I was now pondering an inspiring quote. This took me on another completely different train of thought in the middle of my afternoon...and, honestly, I'm glad it did.
Not only did the quote bring to mind those who have been willing to teach me what it means to yearn for something bigger than myself instead of managing me to ensure a task's completion...but also made me hope that indeed there are those out there who would say the same of me as a result of our paths crossing.
Have anyone a need of some inspiration today? Look beyond what lies directly in front of you and you may just find what you're looking for in the end.


note: the quote was also found to be translated as...
"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea." Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comments

  1. Janet, I started my blog today, I wrote on my profile searching for answers then I found your blog with the same quote. I do really wish you find your answers!
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia,
    Thanks so much for your note. I know where the final answers lie to all of life's questions and that's in God's hands. Trusting in Him gets me through the days when I just don't understand quite yet what He's allowing me to go through or why. May God lead you to understanding of your own questions as well!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.