Skip to main content

He knows my heart!


“And Solomon, my son, learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately. Worship and serve him with your whole heart and a willing mind. For the Lord sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. If you seek him, you will find him. But if you forsake him, he will reject you forever." 1 Chronicles 28:9 NLT

"O LORD our God, as for all this abundance that we have provided for building you a temple for your Holy Name, it comes from your hand, and all of it belongs to you. I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity. All these things have I given willingly and with honest intent. And now I have seen with joy how willingly your people who are here have given to you. O LORD, God of our fathers Abraham, Isaac and Israel, keep this desire in the hearts of your people forever, and keep their hearts loyal to you." 1 Chronicles 29:16-18
God knows my heart. In times when I don't even understand myself, this is a comforting thought. I am finding such peace in this truth as I continue on my pathway of refinement. He knows the good, the bad, and the ugly of my heart yet will be found by me when I seek for Him. What a loving God...not to mention forgiving, just, merciful, and gracious! He knows the joys and sorrows held deep within me...and He cares about each one of them.
God knows my heart. A comforting thought, yet also a high calling to remain pure. He knows everything...every plan and thought (NLT)...every motive behind the thoughts (NIV)...all the imaginations of the thoughts (KJV)...every intent of the thoughts (NAS/NKJV). However I look at it, the message is clear that God knows me intimately. He desires for me to trust Him, follow Him and serve Him wholeheartedly. He's going to know when my heart's just not in it...when I'm in it for myself...when it becomes more important to me than He does. Yes, He knows all about it...and then some, probably.
The other night when God and I had our little "conversation" (see earlier blog "trust me"), He reminded me of something I read from Corrie Ten Boom's book, The Hiding Place..."I've learned that we must hold everything loosely, because when I grip it tightly, it hurts when the Father pries my fingers loose and takes it from me!" God knew what I was hiding in my heart and holding onto so tightly...He reminded me that if I offered it willingly to Him and trusted Him with it, it would hurt less than if he took it from my clutched fists. How lovingly He reminded me of something that I have often used to get a point across to others. Very fitting and needed, indeed. God's good like that.
In my heart lies memories, dreams, longings...He knows them all. He knows how they will fit in my life...or if they won't. When they are from Him, He will delight in granting me the desires of my heart. Until then, I trust Him with all that my heart holds...watching and waiting to see how He will work all things together for good.

"Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.