Skip to main content

where the action is

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" Erma Bombeck


At Bible study the other morning, a lady mentioned that her son was heading to Iraq soon. She said her son stated to her, "There's nothing going on in Iraq." His statement indicated to her that he would much rather be heading into action. She was okay with him heading where there's "nothing" going on, but he had more in mind.
This comment has been on my mind alot since Wednesday. This son is trained and he wants to go where he can put his training to the test. I was challenged by his desire to go where the action is. Although I am not in the armed forces, I find myself on the battlefield over and over again.

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:10-12


In my life as a servant of Jesus, trained in His Word...do I seek out opportunities to reach others with the Gospel? Share Christ's love with others? Willingly go where life isn't so easy? Love unconditionally like my Savior loves me? Tough questions to answer honestly sometimes. Moreover, do I stand up for God and His truth when I see or hear someone offending Him and His laws? Knowing I should do this and putting what I know into action is so different. Having the desire to do such things is a start, but actually doing them...that's where it gets interesting. That's where it gets personal. Investing ourselves in the lives of others for the sake of a cause greater than we can even fully understand...what glory that brings to our Father in Heaven!
So many opportunities await us as Christians out there in the world...sometimes as close as our own neighborhoods...to take the Gospel message to people who need to hear it. It requires sacrifice on our part...and sometimes it requires separation from the ones we love for a time...but, I can tell you from personal experience that once you taste the extraordinary, ordinary is no longer enough. You will want to be a part of the action...and when you're away from it, you will hunger for more.

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should. Ephesians 6:13-20

Let's go where the action is. It won't be easy...but it will be worth it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.