Skip to main content

life lesson #3165

"Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you."
Psalm 139:7-12


A few days ago, I sat on the floor and began wrapping Christmas presents.  Not too long into it, I was reminded of why I had told myself that last year was the last time I would sit on the floor and do such a thing.  It wasn't the sitting on the floor, but the bending to get to the gifts, that was the problem and my back was aching as I went to bed later that night. 
I kept busy and active the following day to hopefully sway any long lasting aches from settling in for the winter.  (Last winter I slipped on the ice and my back ached off and on until June).  As I was outside doing some minor yard things, the ache was just throbbing in my back...and it hit me.  This ache was constantly with me and affecting everything...my actions, my thoughts, my feelings, my words, my vision...everything!  All I did was filtered through my aching back first.
Nudge from the Holy Spirit.
Jesus is constantly with me...He wants to be the filter from which everything inside of me flows to the outside.  Was I allowing my thoughts, feelings, actions and words to be filtered through His presence within my heart? 
He also wants to be the filter by which I view my world.  Do I see with His gracious, loving eyes?  Do I turn from that which He cannot stand to look upon?
Not too long after these thoughts came (quickly followed by my confession of epic failure) did my backache disappear...
Praise God for being gracious enough to use something I could so relate to at the moment to teach me a valuable lesson.  He's that good...all the time!

"Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting."
Psalm 139:23-24

Comments

  1. "He wants to be the filter..."

    Amen, sister!

    Now....how to remove all the filters I would put in His way.

    I will carry this with me into the day.

    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A read I needed this morning. Thanks Kim, I am enjoying reading those that you follow too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, God is good all the time. Loved how you said that He wants to be that filter. We just have to let Him.

    Thanks for stopping by and being such an encouragement.

    Thankful to have found your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.