Skip to main content

equipped

Now may the God of peace, who brought up from the dead our Lord Jesus-the great Shepherd of the sheep-with the blood of the everlasting covenant, equip you with all that is good to do His will, working in us what is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ. Glory belongs to Him forever and ever. Amen.  Hebrews 13:20-21
Sweeping out the garage was the task at hand.  The garage was empty aside from the dirt on the floor.  I even had a broom.  Why did I feel like I was David facing Goliath?  The muddy floor spanned out for what seemed forever in front of me and my broom.
I was overwhelmed.
The job was well defined and I knew how to do it, but although I was coming at it with a broom, it was only a regular broom.  A push broom would have been a more appropriate tool for this particular task.
As I spent my minutes attacking that clumped, dried up mud on the floor with my non-push broom, God began speaking to my heart.
{I love it when He does this!}
He gently reminded me that with Him, I have all that I need to tackle this life and its issues.  He is able and willing to equip me with what I need, when I need it...every. single. time.  His power, His confidence, His compassion, His everything is mine because of Jesus.
The problem?  I sometimes neglect the Giver and Provider of the equipment.  I go out as if my reserve is enough to tackle what's in front of me.  I realize only then that my reserve gives me a small broom when I could really use a larger one.  
God wants to inspire me every single day. 
They will be my people, and I will be their God. I will give them singleness of heart and action, so that they will always fear me for their own good and the good of their children after them. I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good to them, and I will inspire them to fear me, so that they will never turn away from me. I will rejoice in doing them good and will assuredly plant them in this land with all my heart and soul.  Jeremiah 32:38-41 
He wants to reveal things to me over and over and over again.
While Jeremiah was still confined in the courtyard of the guard, the word of the Lord came to him a second time: “This is what the Lord says, he who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it—the Lord is his name: ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’ Jeremiah 33:1-3
He has equipped me, but He wants to keep on equipping me.  Morning devotion and meditation is how He speaks life into me, providing me with His presence and His awesomeness to equip me for my day.  It's a different day when I begin my mornings out with Him instead of waiting until later in the day.  
He's calling me back to that early time with Him.  I've missed it the past little while and I want to answer that call to a morning spent first with Him and then the rest of the world.  
My morning looks a light brighter already...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.