Skip to main content

Respond to the Resurrection

Therefore, brothers, since we have boldness to enter the sanctuary through the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way He has opened for us through the curtain (that is, His flesh), and since we have a great high priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed in pure water. Let us hold on to the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. And let us be concerned about one another in order to promote love and good works, not staying away from our worship meetings, as some habitually do, but encouraging each other, and all the more as you see the day drawing near.  Hebrews 10:19-25
P1170312Easter was celebrated with friends over for an afternoon, family coming for a stay with us, and a Sunday filled with worship and celebration of our Risen Savior.
Over the past few weeks I have seen many Facebook and blog posts about the "do's and don'ts" of Easter.  Do focus on Jesus.  Don't call it Easter, but Resurrection Day instead.  Do Easter baskets...don't do Easter baskets.  Hunt Easter eggs...Easter eggs are pagan.  There are all kinds of opinions out there.  All kinds of reactions to this holiday we call Easter.
On Sunday morning my heart was encouraged by the message preached from Hebrews 10:19-25.  It spoke to my heart and reminded me to listen to God through His Word above all the other noise.
In his message, Pastor BJ encouraged us to respond to the Resurrection in three ways as found in this passage of Scripture...
Let us draw near to God.
Let us hold on to hope.
Let us encourage one another and work together.
As I heard the message, it resonated in my heart that responding is often the better choice over reacting.  Reacting can be quick and not well thought out.  Responding gives way to thoughtful processing.
Now looking at Easter, I am believing that if one first responds to the Resurrection, the tendency to react to Easter will fall away...and the chaos of what to do or not to do, along with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.