Skip to main content

MtR: a matter of obedience

And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to Him, to love Him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to observe the Lord’s commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good? To the Lord your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it. Yet the Lord set His affection on your ancestors and loved them, and He chose you, their descendants, above all the nations - as it is today. 
Circumcise your hearts, therefore, and do not be stiff-necked any longer. 
For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes. He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing. And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt. Fear the Lord your God and serve Him. Hold fast to Him and take your oaths in His name. He is the one you praise; He is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes.
Deuteronomy 10:12-21

I am on my 5th day here and am amazed at the wonders of how God is orchestrating His plan in Alaska.  Not that I did not think He would, just that it is more than I could ever ask for or think of as it says in Ephesians 3:20-21..."Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."
If I had to choose a passage that represented my Alaska mission days, I would have to choose this one. 
I never asked to come to Alaska.  I never prayed for it to happen.
God called me to Alaska.
I came.
Never will I forget the day of the calling on my life and never will I regret it or question it. EVER!
Just as wonderful are the others He calls here.
Strangers who become friends.  
Awesome friends.  
Lifelong friends.  
We are able to be a blessing to each other while serving a great and mighty God.  
Also, we are able to encourage one another as the devil takes a stand and tries to steal, kill, and destroy.
Over the years, I have seen God...
Save the lost.  Heal the sick.  Provide what was needed at just the exact time it was needed most.  Offer rest to the weary.  Give strength to the weak.  Grant wisdom to those who asked for it.  Shelter those in trouble. Provide a way out of trouble.  Call people out of their comfort zones.  Restore relationships.  Build friendships.  Orchestrate plans that none us of could have ever planned out so well on our own.  Set up divine encounters.  Grow a ministry.  Humble proud hearts.  Raise up leaders.  Encourage the downhearted. Bring joy.  Forgive sins.  Show Himself mightily.  And much, much more.
Many, Lord my God, are the wonders You have done, the things You planned for us.None can compare with You; were I to speak and tell of Your deeds, they would be too many to declare.Psalm 40:5
Out of obedience we come.  In obedience we serve.  Because of obedience we are blessed.
God is God...and He is good!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.