Skip to main content

dpp [day 3]

For whatever was written in the past was written for our instruction, so that we may have hope through endurance and through the encouragement from the Scriptures. Now may the God who gives endurance and encouragement allow you to live in harmony with one another, according to the command of Christ Jesus.  Romans 15:4-5
 A rainy day spent in a quaint part of town with a friend...and a hot cocoa, so pretty, I had to take a picture.

20131203_115707

Catching up with my friend, Jackie, was so wonderful today! We met back in 1990 at Bible Memory Camp.  I remember that year...I was a senior and she was a freshman.  I am not really for sure how much we got to know each other that year, but as time went on and we both continued serving with BMC, our paths crossed time and again.  We both traveled all summer long with BMC, differing summers, but it was around that time that our friendship fell into the "lifetime" category.
Jackie is an amazing woman.  So intelligent, studious...personable, endearing...lover of laughter and sugar packets...(Yeah, there's a story there.)...traveler of the world and admirer of all things orange.
She warms my heart and encourages my spirit.  Everyone should be so blessed to have a friend like her . ♥

IMG_105964348264746


*photo credit goes to Jackie* My phone died, but she saved the day with hers. :)


December Photo Project 2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.