Skip to main content

life in a snow globe


Sometimes I wished I lived in a snow globe
Where the wind blows
It's wonderful
And every single time that You shake it
You'll make it
So beautiful
~Matt Wertz lyrics, "Snow Globe"

I heard this song over the holidays and it resonated with my soul.  Today, as I watched the snow swirling around me, this song came to mind again.  Along with it, came a message to my heart.
A snow globe is at its most beautiful moment when it has been shaken.  
The snow falling, settling down again in a new design, is the result of the shaker's dutiful act.
Similarly, I find beauty in my life when God shakes things up a bit, or a little more than a bit, in order to make a new pattern emerge as a result.
It is not always easy to have things rearranged in my life, however.  I like the way things are at times.  A nice, neat pattern...a logical way of doing things...simplicity at its best.  For His glory and my own good, however, God rearranges my life for me.  I am reminded that I am at the mercy of The Shaker's hand.  Shaken a little or a lot, the beauty is seen as the new pattern is displayed as the snow settles down again.
Feeling as if I am in a snow globe right now, with things in chaos, I wait.  With anticipation, I see and feel the swirling snow, knowing the beauty of the moment is coming.  The snow settling down reminds me that God has a perfect design for my life.  In order for it to be displayed, things must change from what they are currently.
I must trust His hand.

You have searched me, Lord,
and you know me.
 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
 Before a word is on my tongue
you, Lord, know it completely.
 You hem me in behind and before,
and you lay your hand upon me.
Pslam 139:1-5

In order to trust His hand, I must first know His heart.

“As for you, Solomon my son, know the God of your father, 
and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind, 
for the Lord searches every heart and understands the intention of every thought. 
If you seek Him, He will be found by you, but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever. 
Realize now that the Lord has chosen you to build a house for the sanctuary. Be strong, and do it.” 
1 Chronicles 28:9-10

To fully know His heart, I must seek after Him.

Sow righteousness for yourselves
and reap faithful love;
break up your unplowed ground.
It is time to seek the Lord
until He comes and sends righteousness
on you like the rain.
Hosea 10:12

Uncertainty is all around me.  The unknowns want to weigh heavily on me.  I must choose to see the beauty of the chaos.  I must wait on God to settle things down in His design.  God is in the details.  He has me in the middle of all of this for a reason.  People are viewing in on my life and watching to see how things fall into place.  I want them to see God's hand at work, not me trying to fix things the way I think they should go. 
This is why in Matthew 6:25-34 it is written...
“This is why I tell you: Don’t worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Isn’t life more than food and the body more than clothing?
Look at the birds of the sky: They don’t sow or reap or gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren’t you worth more than they?
Can any of you add a single cubit to his height by worrying? And why do you worry about clothes? Learn how the wildflowers of the field grow: they don’t labor or spin thread. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was adorned like one of these! If that’s how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and thrown into the furnace tomorrow, won’t He do much more for you—you of little faith?
So don’t worry, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’
For the idolaters eagerly seek all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you. Therefore don’t worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
If God has shaken things up a bit in your life right now, I get where you are.
I truly do.
Circumstances, relationships, lifestyles, routines being rearranged hurts, disorients.
Sit tight until the swirling stops.
It's going to be beautiful.


Matt Wertz - Snow Globe (Official Video) from matt-wertz on GodTube.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.