Skip to main content

Do you believe in superheroes?

I do...two, to be exact! Alexander Henry and Timothy Steven are mine...and they are superheroes in my book. What qualifies one to be a superhero? Well, there are a number of things that come to mind, but for me it only takes a hug and a kiss followed by an "I love you." Pretty simple, isn't it?

Who else can make me smile and be glad to wake up early every morning? They have a sweet way of waking up happy every morning. That to me is superhero stuff right there...my hero is a morning person. Period. And I have been blessed with two little ones who teach me how to get on with my day right from the start...with a good morning greeting to boot. They challenge me to start my morning off right..."Good morning, God!" is a common phrase you'll hear around our house.

What other superhero qualifications do they hold? Consider with me, for a moment, unconditional love...endless admiration...and sincere loyalty. Yes, indeed, they exhibit those things everyday to me, the one that it blessed to be called "Mom," but also to others they know and some they don't. Now add to those...resounding joy, consistent laughter, and endless energy. If that's not superhero-ness, I don't know what is. They turn the ordinary into extraordinary...the boring into exciting...the monotonous into adventurous. Everyone needs a superhero in their lives.



Yes, I believe in superheroes...do you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.