Skip to main content

a gentle nudge


Been thinking alot about what a Pastor said in a sermon not too long ago. Talking about the Holy Spirit and how one is able to discern how to make decisions according to how the Spirit leads us. Usually, it was brought out, that often one finds that it's a gentle nudge here and there throughout one's life that leads us exactly to the place of ministry where God wants us to be for His glory. We're nudged out of one place and into another, often without lightning bolts and sirens going off, directing the way.

Sometimes I desire the lightning bolts and sirens...they would be helpful. :) Of course, even I know there are times when God makes it plainly clear how He desires us to move...but others, yeah, not so much. It's in those times, that I find myself in need of quietness so that I can hear how to choose the next step. Not quietness as in a total separation from everything around me, but quietness in that I'm diving into God's Word and spending adequate time in prayer so that the noise of life has a backseat to the Holy Spirit's nudges.

I've spent some time since that Wednesday night sermon thinking about how God has used gentle nudges to get me where I am today. Maybe one day soon I'll share some of those times...some rather recently. There are some awesome God moments in my life. Looking forward to sharing soon more of how God has worked it out to have me here, just where He wants me...for now. And am anticipating how He's going to continue to nudge me along in the days to come. He, indeed, is good all the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.