Skip to main content

Emmanuel...God with us

I was reminded tonight that on that silent night of Jesus' birth, He was giving up so much just to dwell with man, so that man might eternally dwell with Him. Third Day sings it so well in their song, "All the Heavens"..."All the angels exalt you on high; What a Kingdom to depart! But You left Your throne in the sky just to live inside my heart." What a gift of love, indeed, is Jesus for each and everyone one of us. Oh, that I would not take Him for granted...nor any of the blessings He showers me with on a daily basis. His mercies are new every morning. There is so much for which to be grateful. Thank You, my God and my Savior, for the greatest gift of Your Son.
I have been reading "Revolution in World Missions" and thoroughly enjoying it! My purposes are to be about God and salvation provided by His Son's birth, life, death and resurrection. I am good to no one if in my own life I lack in seeking first the kingdom of God and His righteousness. What better gift could I give to someone this Christmas, than that of the news of the Gospel? This gift comes with an eternal warranty.
If you are browsing this blog and do not know Jesus as Your Savior, let me introduce you to the One who came to earth as a baby Christmas morning...lived a holy, perfect life as a man on earth...who came to die in our place and took the punishment upon himself for our sin. (John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.") He overcame sin and death by resurrecting on the third day. (Luke 24:6-7 "He is not here; He has risen! Remember how He told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified, and on the third day be raised again.' ") You, born into sin, are a sinner (Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God") in need of a Savior. Jesus is our Savior (1 John 4:14 "And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent His Son to be the Savior of the world"). He is the way, the truth, and the life. John 14:6 says, "Jesus answered, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father except through me." Romans 10:9-10 says "that if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." I do hope that you trust Jesus and do grow in a personal relationship with Him. He doesn't promise it will be easy or that there won't be problems in your life, but He does promise to never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5). The greatest gift we can receive is eternal life through Jesus Christ.
Merry Christmas!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.