Skip to main content

Musings…Remembrances…Excerpts…


Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

My thoughts as of late have been on friendship. Thinking of those special people in my life whom hold the title "friend", I cannot help but smile. Friends come in many varieties...God knows whom we need in our lives and the reason why. I do not believe friends happen by chance. A true friend is a priceless gift. "Who finds a faithful friend, finds a treasure." -- Jewish saying.

Sometimes circumstances are against us and miles may separate us, but friendship amazingly can remain. There's nothing like the moment two friends are reunited and they pick up right where they left off and it's as if no time has passed at all. I look forward to a moment like that...

Remind me of a time with laughter and I will have most likely spent it with a friend. The sweetest memories are those that are shared. Remind me of a time with sorrow and I will have most likely wanted to or have gotten through it with a friend by my side. Burdens are divided and therefore lessened by a friend's shoulder to lean on. Remember and realize life is better because of someone sharing it with you.

Examining my own journals and notes from friends, I find these...
"Wow...you made me smile." "I thought of you today..." "Come and visit. There's always room for you." "Only you would truly appreciate that I just had to wait for a duck to cross the road in front of me." "It's been a long time..." "Teen idol alert!" "You were there and I wanted to talk to you." "THANK YOU!" "I'm praying for you." "God is good...all the time." "Those who love the most hurt the most; because they have the biggest hearts." "Remain a blessing to those around you." "Big electric cat!" "Half my heart is in Alaska." ":)" Even more remain in my heart, but from these listed the varying differences in experiences are evident. Thank God for friends! They make the hardest of times bearable and the best of times better.

Yes, I love...need...and miss my friends...life isn't the same without them. No matter what, though, true friendship can endure the test of time.
Always love God first and foremost...give Him the glory due Him and everything else will fall into place. With God's help even the biggest problems can be worked out.
Practice being a friend to those you meet. You never know when friendship's going to happen...it may just surprise you and end up being the best thing ever!

"Two may talk together under the same roof for many years, yet never really meet; and two others at first speech are old friends."- Mary Catherwood

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.