Skip to main content

trust me

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:25-33





God is so awesome. He cannot help but reveal Himself in all things. He is in all things and He holds them together. As He opens my eyes to how He does this (and has been doing this since long before I ever arrived on the scene) I stand in awe. And am also humbled that He cares for me and about how I am doing.
Last night, thinking over what I've heard/seen/read the past week...truth, praying the Scriptures, faith, the Star of Bethlehem, removal of strongholds, trust...God, being the awesome God that He is, interrupted my thoughts at that point for a little conversation. It was along these lines...
God: That stonghold in your life would dissipate if you would just trust me.
Me: Which stronghold?
God: That stronghold.
Me: I trust You...(ever so quicky changing the subject, as if...)
God: Not totally. You would let go if you trusted me.
Me: I am afraid of losing something precious to me...
God: I understand, but I need you to trust me with everything. I love you and want the best for you. I am able to give you immeasurably more than you can ask for or even imagine.
Putting it that way, who can do anything but repent and start walking down the road of humility, totally dependent upon God to handle everything in His way, in His time. It's not going to be easy, but it can't be any more difficult than holding onto something I couldn't handle on my own. It's quite gracious of my Father in Heaven to want to bear my burden for me...His mercies are new every morning.
I have a friend who's own blog encouraged me just yesterday morning as I read of her own conversation with our God. He does love us and takes time to reveal Himself to us. It's in these God moments, we realize just who really is in control and why that is. Events leading up to this blog are in and of itself a story...it will remain untold at this time as I am a work in progress. One day, though, my prayer is to share the work God is doing in my life for His glory...that others may see and believe in Him.
Dear God, thank you for being the rewarder of those who diligently seek you. (He 11:6) I believe you to be who you say you are...the One who is faithful to complete the good work you began in me. (Philippians 1:6) Forgive me when my trust falls short and I am afraid to let go. Help me to say as the psalmist David, "When I am afraid, I will trust in you." (Psalm 56:3)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.