Skip to main content

The Plan


Alex is always thinking ahead.  He is rarely without a plan, and can come up with a "Plan B" pretty quickly, too, when need be.  Some of my favorite times with Alex are at bedtime, discussing the Bible stories we read each night.  His way of looking at things is refreshing...and often amusing as well.
Just last night we read in Genesis 24 the story of Abraham sending his chief servant out to find a wife for his son, Isaac.  The servant prayed for God to lead him to the bride for his master's son.  (It's a beautiful story of faith, trust, obedience, prayer, faithfulness and thankfulness...but, just before bed isn't a time to go over all of those points.)  The boys and I talked about how the servant prayed for God to lead him to the chosen girl for Isaac and how God answered that prayer with Rebekah.
We then talked about beginning now to pray for the girl that God has for them to marry one day.  Praying for their future wife to grow up loving God and wanting to obey Him in all areas of her life is an important thing for them to do. (I've been doing it since they were born.)
Tim said okay and prepared for prayer time.  Alex had a plan.
Alex said he'd pray...but also when he's 13 he's going to make a poster to hang up saying "I need a girl who loves God." to find his wife.
Never hurts to have a "Plan B", I guess.  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.