Skip to main content

'Tis the Season

A friend of mine once told me in their family they celebrate birthdays as a season...meaning that the month of your birthday is your birthday season.  Gifts or special outings can be attributed as birthday gifts throughout your season.  I like that idea...alot.
I have always liked my birthday being in May.  Best month to have a birthday if you ask me.  Pretty flowers blooming, warmer weather, Mother's Day, Memorial Day, beginning of summer vacation...and me.  At the end of this beautiful month came my time to enter this world.  I dare say the world has never been the same, either. :)
Thinking about seasons always brings my mind to Ecclesiastes 3:1-8...

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

Everything has a season.  All things, from life to death, have their moment in our lives.  In those moments between our first and last breaths, are the moments that bring joy and sorrow, pride and humility, excitment and depression...things we want to always remember and those that we wish we could forget. 
Moments have a way of getting away from us...let's make our moments count.         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.