Skip to main content

"Imaginaaaaaaation!"

The other day, Tim comes walking out of the kitchen holding the little yellow sponge that came with my flattop stove.  He asked me if he could "use" this for something.  Surprising myself, I knew exactly where he was going with this question...I guess it was the gleam in his eye as he spoke.  Before answering him, I asked him a question.  "By using, do you mean pretending it's SpongeBob?"  He smiled and answered affirmatively.  I told him to wait until we went to the store and I'd buy him a yellow sponge to make a SpongeBob out of it.
Well, yesterday was the day.  I had to buy a package of six sponges to get one yellow one.  Not even giving it a second thought, I gave Tim the package once we got home.  His eyes immediately lit up and he was so excited that there was a pink sponge in the pack, too.  The pink sponge was going to become Patrick...now, why didn't I think of that??? 
Last night, the sponges came to life.  Tim proceeded to use all six sponges in the package...two became a road, on one he drew Patrick's rock, and the last one became SpongeBob's pineapple house.  My little man does know how to use his "imaginaaaaaation".  (That comes from what happens to be a very funny episode of SpongeBob...don't ask me how I know that).  ☺   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.