Skip to main content

Road Trip 3

Day 5: Monday, June 7th
Yay!  I finally slept past 5 am...must have been because it was finally warm enough to sleep comfortably.  I like to be warm.  Moab is warm.  I like Moab. :)  Had some leftover pancakes for breakfast and they were yummy!  I've got to work on my pancakes at home...everyone else's just always taste better than mine.  That's why I like to make french toast.  Anyway, everyone went to play putt-putt golf (Alex loves that KOA's have golf courses) and left me to myself.  Living 3 adults and 2 boys in a 31 ft. motorhome, I didn't mind some alone time.
Once back from golfing, we packed up and headed out for Arches Nat'l Park again.  Morning sunlight brings out a different glow to the rocks.  There were alot of people out and about in the park today.  You drive through the park and they have pull offs along the way so you can take pictures, get out and hike/climb, or just stand and enjoy the view of God's handiwork.  Some paths require off road vehicles...needless to say that will have to be another time, another adventure in Moab.  Our adventure of the day was climbing around on the "Double Arch".  Walking to it, I was kind of thinking we were crazy due to the heat, but once at the rocks it was surprisingly cooler.  Through the back arch, there was a nice breeze blowing on you as you stood in the shade of the front arch and the rock walls surrounding it.  The boys just took off and had a blast climbing higher and higher.  I, having nothing to prove to anyone or myself, just enjoyed climbing on the lower levels...and let me tell you they aren't exactly low to the ground.  I love heights, however, I do not enjoy the thought or the sensation of falling on any level.  We climbed around for quite awhile before the call of the road beckoned to us to get moving again.
Continuing through the park, I couldn't help but sing of God's majesty...if I hadn't the rocks would have...
When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen:
"Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!"
"Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!" 
Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples!"
"I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out."    Luke 19:37-40
As if Arches wasn't enough, our next destination was Canyonlands Nat'l Park, just a bit up the road.  Unbelieveable!  Pictures do not do the canyons justice.  Their height, their depth is astounding.  Maybe crazy for doing both parks in one day, but we were there and it was about making the most of the time we had.  Most of the park that we explored didn't require a massive amount of hiking...the Green River overview was even wheelchair accessible, but when Scott and I headed up to "Upheaval Dome", it was a nice hike.  Nothing out there but us a few lizards.  The view from the rim of the Dome was a "Wow!" moment...one among many in my life now.  It was as if we were up above looking down at mountains in a hole.  Crazy.  
Pulling into Moab yesterday my Bible time was spent in Psalm 8...so fitting to Moab and the beauty it displays. God is so good!  A return trip to Moab would be okay with me...I was never cold in Moab.                                                               We left Moab with Dinosaur Nat'l Park as our next destination.  We decided to stay at Highline Lake State Park in Loma, CO, for the night.  It was a nice change from the KOA's for all of us.  In the sites next to us were two families tent camping with their kids...3 boys around Tim and Alex's age and 4 yr old Lexi.  Such fun they all had together.  We were able to have a campfire for the first time on our journey.  I browned some brats over the fire for dinner and just as we sat down to eat, it started to rain.  The rain shower ended about as quickly as it began and we were all out by the fire again.  The boys were hoping we were staying for more than one night since they were having such fun. They played with their new friends until bedtime...even played tag using flashlights.  A very good day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.