Skip to main content

Who am I?

Well, my birthday has arrived...it's officially the 18th anniversary of my 21st birthday.  It has been a wonderful birthday season.  I am one truly blessed lady!!!  Sometimes it takes a conscious effort to stop and take the time to truly count your blessings.  I've tried to do that this month.  Last night as I was downloading more pics to fb for this month, I took a moment to take in all that we've done and enjoyed so far this month and it brought tears to my eyes.  I say "so far" because as I type this my birthday has only started minutes ago...there's 23 hours and some odd minutes left to enjoy!
Not only am I thankful for the past month of little everyday blessings, but also for the moments when God has shown Himself so real, so powerful...yet, so gently amazing.  I was reading in 2 Samuel this week and a verse that speaks volumes to me everytime I read it, leapt off the page again as my eyes took them in...
"Then King David went in and sat before the LORD, and he said: 'Who am I, Sovereign LORD, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far?'" (chapter 7 verse 18).  Indeed, who am I that God has sought me to be his own?  That He has chosen me for such a time as this in my life...oh, the magnitude of it all.  The highs and the lows that He allows in my life, bringing me ever closer to Himself.  I am so undeserving.  Yet, He still calls me His child.  Amazing love indeed.

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday! We were born the same year....my birthday is in July :)
    Amazing love indeed- Amen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Theresa! Every year He grants me gets better and better because of His goodness!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.