Skip to main content

one for the memory books

This week at camp has been amazing.  God has shown up and shown off...and we have one more day to go! The kids are opening up and letting their reservations go.  We are physically tired, but spiritually we are alive and kicking.  The worship tonight around the campfire was icing on the cake of a spectacular day.  
Do not think that we have not had our fair share of challenges this week.  Satan has tried to get us caught off guard at times with problems that require time and attention, but never anything with the campers.  They have been great!  And, God's plan always wins out...His perfect plan.
Weeks on end...months, years maybe...this week will be on my heart as a one in a million camp experience.  
Words are not even going to come close to describe how I feel about this week...what all I/we have seen God do this week...how 17 campers and 8 staff can all take over a small part of your heart...how much fun (pure, simple fun!) we have all enjoyed together...how blessed I feel to be given the opportunity by God to experience this...I can go on, but will stop for now.
When You did awesome works
that we did not expect,
You came down,
and the mountains quaked at Your presence.
From ancient times no one has heard,
no one has listened,
no eye has seen any God except You,
who acts on behalf of the one who waits for Him.
Isaiah 64:3-4
God is God...and He is good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.