Skip to main content

Another day in paradise...

Alex just cracks me up sometimes...today we're going through some stuff for our up and coming yard sale and he comes across something of his in the "sale pile". Without hesitation, while holding his re-found treasure, he quips, "This is a crime scene here." Who else but my firstborn son would consider it a crime scene when he found out that I put something of his in the yard sale items???
It was a nice interruption in an otherwise ugh! kind of day for me. I haven't been feeling well since Sunday...my ears have been bothering me again due to my sinuses. This is usually a winter thing for me so it took me by surprise to be feeling so off in the middle of the summer. I ended up going to the doctor today (one of my least favorite things to do), but I can't be having ear problems with a flight to Alaska coming up in a few weeks. I'm now on an antibiotic and prescription decongestant...but whatever it takes at this point to get my ears ready for flight - and get me less on edge around those whom I love the most.
Sorry, my boys, for being a little short on patience these past few days...forgive me for I do not mean to be so snappy at you. I love you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.