Skip to main content

the journey continues


I'm not even sure what to title this entry yet, so I'll leave it blank and maybe something will come to me in a bit. The days have been flying by...up until today. Boy, has the day lasted a seemingly long time! Maybe it's just because I actually accomplished alot that it seems to have been so many hours. It has been a good day, very good, actually...just long.

My bags are packed and my thoughts are already in Alaska...left half my heart there last year (as the saying goes). So thankful to be returning this year and so excited to see what lies ahead for the week.

I was asked an interesting question tonight by a good friend who's trying to figure out the purpose behind mission trips...is really to help others or is it a personal journey? I'm sure there are as many answers to that questions as there are people to ask...for me, it was a personal journey. Didn't really intend for it to be...didn't go selfishly seeking it to be all about me, but in the end I learned more about myself and who God wants me to be than I could have helped anyone there. The people I met actually helped and blessed me more than they could ever know...I hope I expressed that to them while there and since then often enough. If God used me to further His Kingdom or to encourage just one of His children in Anchorage then Praise Him for it! I found a renewed freedom in Christ while in Alaska last summer...that is priceless.

Why did it take a trip to Alaska? I am pretty sure it wasn't "Alaska" per say, but getting me away from the normal routine I was in...out of my comfort zone...and into His presence alone. The alone part of that statement is a key point. He alone is God. He alone is worthy of praise. He alone is mighty to save. He alone is my strength. He alone is to be number one in my life.

My journey didn't end in Alaska...and technically it didn't begin there either, but you get my drift...it has been an endless journey of hills and valleys, turns and detours...with a few stops and bumps along the way this entire last year. And, today it continues still. With God as my compass, the journey is no longer something to be feared or dreaded. If He can get me through this past year, He alone can get me through anything ahead of me!

Alaska...Wow! I can't wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.