Skip to main content

Yard Sale Day

It was finally Yard Sale Day at our house. This doesn't mean much to many people, but to my Alex it meant alot! He loves yard selling...both hosting and visiting them. He has been wanting a yard sale for months now, but for one reason or another we could never get one in...until today.

Alex had so much fun. My mother-in-law and I had this sale together at my house, so not only did we have a yard sale, his Nana was here all day long, too. This made for two happy little boys.

Try as they might, they were not able to convince me to sell them their own toys back to them. :) They did not like having to part with them, but in order to purchase more the old ones had to go first. This concept was understood to a point, but both of them were able to convince a grandparent to purchase an item of their choosing to keep for them at their house. I am okay with this as long as it's out of our house. Gone is gone no matter where it has gone to in my book. :)

Overall, we had a very successful day. One never knows who's going to come looking and what they are willing to buy. Items that I never dreamt I'd be seeing bought were the first to go. This cracks me up everytime it happens. The saying goes, though, one man's trash is another man's treasure. It must be true.

Items were sold...others were donated and the best part about that is someone was willing to come and pick those items up for me. Yay! All in all, a good day. Made the boys happy, spent a day with my in-laws and made some money for my trip to Alaska...being a stay at home mom, I can now say I worked to pay for part of my trip's cost. Ready to relax...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.