Skip to main content

epic journey...day 9

Sunday, July 25th 
It was moving day...but first things first: church and lunch.  Dr. Bowman from the Hyde Park Baptist team preached at Grandview this morning.  He spoke on Jonah...how we are all runners at one time or another and that there's always a ship waiting to take us to a "Tarshish" in our own lives and away from where God wants us to be.  He brought out the message of God's love and grace that the book of Jonah reveals to us.  God doesn't use our circumstances to pay us back for our sins, He uses them to win us back to Himself.  Jonah's time spent in the belly of a big fish wasn't payback, it was God's way of getting Jonah back on track.  God can use whatever means He desires to win our hearts back...and I am so glad He does!  I am so thankful that in 2008 he used my homesick heart to speak His words of love and direction to me.
A wonderful surprise was getting to see some of my team again...especially those that I didn't get to say a real goodbye to yesterday.  For a few more moments my heart was with my team and not being anxious about the week ahead.  The Petter's even joined us for lunch.  Dodie and Traci took us to a wonderful Mexican place, Sorrano's Grill, for lunch afterwards.  It was so good!  And, for dessert, they served a cheesecake chimichunga - absolute goodness!
Nothing now between me and my new abode for the second week.  Onward to the next phase of my time in AK... Moravian House...somewhere in the Mountain View area.  Billy had given GraceWords the house to use for staff housing this summer.  I said goodbye to Dodie and Traci, put my bags in my downstairs bedroom, and off to the church we went.  Time to get myself acquainted with a new place and with new people. 
God is good...no matter what!               

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.