Skip to main content

Six Flags Over Georgia!

Six Flags had their annual Homeschool Day at SFOG on Friday.  This was the year to introduce Alex and Tim to the wonderful (this is up for debate) world of roller coasters outside of Space Mountain in The Magic Kingdom.  They liked that one last year when we went to Disney World.  Well, Alex liked it; Tim tolerated it.  
We all rode the Cyclone together as soon as we entered the park.  
Let me just insert here that I am not a roller coaster fan...not the fast, furious, and thrill-seeker's-dream kind of coaster fan.  Been there, done that, got whiplash a sore, stiff neck from it.  The last time I rode on a roller coaster of the fast and loopy kind was back in 2001...at SFOG.  I just do not get any sort of warm fuzzies or thrills from a 20 something second ride at warp speed.  
But, I was willing to take one for the team.  
It was important that we all try at least one big coaster...meaning:  it was important to me to ride so that Tim would get on it to give it a try, too.  At first, I could hear him screaming like any normal kid.  It quickly turned to scared, intermittent screams during the descending parts.  Then I could hear him saying over and over again, "Please just end.  Please just end." (I was praying the same thing, honestly.)  And then silence.  He stopped making any sound.  We got off and he and I were done with big coasters for the day.  We encouraged Scott and Alex to venture on to the extremes while we remained slightly lower to the ground going at a mere crawl compared to them.  And we were totally okay with that. 
We made a day of it...from 10:30 to 5:30...walking, riding, enjoying a picnic lunch together.  It was nice being able to get on alot of the rides with little to no wait.  Scott and Alex walked onto Mind Bender and Goliath with ease.  All of the rides were worth the wait, though.  One roller coaster that Tim wanted to ride in Bugs Bunny World, Wile E. Coyote Canyon Blaster, had the longest wait for us all day.  We stayed in line just for him.  It was his kind of ride at his kind of speed.  Thankfully we went down Splash Falls early in the day before everyone else got hot and wanted to be wet.  The boys both loved the water rides!  Alex was so excited to tell me all about his newest adventure when we'd meet back up with them.  He is so brave!  
My favorite ride was the swing ride, Gotham City Crime Wave.  So fun...and one we could do over and over again due to short lines.  Tim's was Splash Falls.  Alex's was Wheelie and Goliath and Mind Bender and...well, you get the picture. :)  Scott's is and always has been Wheelie.  
There has been strategizing going on already for a return trip...
Thank you, SFOG, for hosting a homeschool day!  It was a great way to close out a school year!          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.