Skip to main content

laughter is the best medicine


The boys and I had a nice first day back from vacation yesterday. Quiet morning at home, errands in the afternoon...and some fun in there too. Alex and I were reading/looking at his "I Spy" book from the library and we came down with a good case of the giggles. I so enjoy when this happens. It's as if all is right in the universe for that moment, and truly for us right then it was.


Tim, Alex and I were all lying on the floor in the living room, they each had their books in front of them and I was helping them both spy things on the pages. Tim is getting more interested in books now...for longer periods of time at least. He's more into imaginative play than Alex. Give Tim 5 minutes and he'll have people flying, driving, or whatever-ing all over the place. It's so fun to watch.



We had a lot of laughs together over our vacation, too...like when we went to hug this huge tree in Savannah. How funny it was I'm sure to watch us try to get our arms around that trunk. It's kind of like trying to grasp everything God's doing...there's more there than I can wrap my head around, so I just go with what I know and leave the rest in His hands.



They grow up so fast. I'm thankful I don't have to miss out on many of these moments. Praise God for providing what's best for all of us...in spite of what we think we want.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.