Skip to main content

Alaska: Day 6










7.30.09 Happy Birthday, Ryan!



This is our last day of mission work...tomorrow we go sightseeing down to the Portage area. We went to the Food Bank of Alaska this morning. It was fun being back again. Mariko remembered us from last year somehow...I hope that's a good thing. :) We got to pack frozen bluberries into individual bags that would be going into children's lunches. I must say they were tasty blueberries...some would land on the table much to my liking. Our team of 9 was joined by a group of 14 from Alabama & the Carolinas that were in the Anchorage area working but not with GraceWorks. We knocked out quite a few boxes of blueberries...it was easier to work with the blueberries than the salmon and fries last year.

We had lunch back at the annex and rested up for our afternoon at the club. Once there, the kids were everywhere. We had a larger crowd today and it was rather chaotic. Once prayer was said it seemed to calm down enough to get our Bible time done and done well. I'm pleased with how Bible went this week...the message of God's love, protection, and forgivess through Jesus was given and that's what matters most.

My Brianna was back today! She opened up more to me today and wanted to be beside me every minute. I ended up holding her with her head on my shoulder for over an hour. She is so, so precious. Maya was on my lap during puppets too...Brianna on my left knee and Maya on my right. I was happy. The puppet team had a large crowd today too. They did balloons again after the puppet show. And, much to our pleasure, the new kids came today. Hopefully their mom will tell them the meaning once they get home. When it was time for us to leave Maya busted out in sobs and Brianna wouldn't leave my side. Brianna ever so sweetly said goodbye and gave me a big hug as I got up to leave and Maya gave me a huge hug, too. The worst part about coming to Alaska is always having to leave.

Nothing like Moose's Tooth pizza to make someone feel better, right? That's what we did after the club. It was absolutely as good if not better than what people had said. Yummy! They had freshbrewed Cream Soda which Jay and I split a pitcher of between us. And, there are moose on their plates...so cute. We got there right before the line started forming for seating. Perfect timing.

We spent the night just chilling at the house afterwards...Jay went to the airport to fly out tonight. It's been a great week of work...now time to play.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.