Skip to main content

NBC in the Park: Day 3

Happy 4th of July!





I have now been in Alaska on the first day of summer and enjoyed the true midnight sun moment and been in Alaska for the 4th of July, complete with fireworks set off in downtown Anchorage at midnight the morning of the 4th.  I did miss out on the normal 4th of July festivities...cookout, watermelon, hot weather...yeah, especially the hot weather!
Another hike in the morning for some, I stayed back and worked on some staff stuff and Skyped with our Pastor back home, and lunch prep duty for others.
The afternoon found us back in the park with several fewer children due to the holiday activities with family and in the city.  However, we were blessed to have as many as we did and we enjoyed our time together!
The evening in the park was our community park party where everyone in the community is invited to come out and enjoy hot dogs, chips, punch, and games and hear the Gospel message.
We had a good turnout considering it was a holiday.  God gave the words to speak to our team member whom shared with the crowd how God changed her life.  It was a moment where all distractions seemed to disappear and God's message of love was spoken and heard.  A.ma.zing!
With God it is not about how many people come, but how we treat them and what we share with them while they are with us.
Another wonderful day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.