Skip to main content

trying something new

For God who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of God’s glory in the face of Jesus Christ. Now we have this treasure in clay jars, so that this extraordinary power may be from God and not from us. 
We are pressured in every way but not crushed;
we are perplexed but not in despair; we are persecuted but not abandoned;
we are struck down but not destroyed.
 2 Corinthians 4:6-9
little clay beauties
When in Key West in January, I had the opportunity to try something new.  I had two individual lessons on throwing clay with Grace from Pottery by Grace. Her studio where the lessons took place is Rubies & Clay on Whitehead Street in Key West.  Talented at what she does, it was so fun to learn from her.  In two hours my first day I had three pieces turn out okay.  I had a chance to throw more than that, but two went South due to beginner's error. :)  She was a great instructor...personable, easy to learn from and talk to as the hours and clay flew by.
In my second session, I attempted to put into practice all the things I had learned in session one.  I threw 5 more chunks of clay and then learned about trimming the creations from session one.  Grace finished them for me and sent them to me in the mail  I now have mementos of my lessons and trying something brand new for me in Key West.  I love how they turned out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.