Skip to main content

It's May!

The Lord is my strength and my song;
He has become my salvation.
There are shouts of joy and victory
in the tents of the righteous:
“The Lord’s right hand performs valiantly!
The Lord’s right hand is raised.
The Lord’s right hand performs valiantly!”
Psalm 118:14-16
And, with May begins the wonderful 31 days of celebrating the little and big things in life.
Birthday Season is a time to see the beauty in each day given.  I remember being new at this whole season of birthday idea; not sure of how to truly celebrate each day as it happened.  It was inspiring to see how even the rough and tough days held a little bit of joy.  If searched for, even the cloudy days indeed have a silver lining.
So, even though I did not find time to sit and write about May 1 on May 1, it happened to be a great opening day.
Beginning with making homemade waffles for the fam (while I enjoyed my favorite Greek yogurt) and ending with Mexican out with friends, I cannot imagine a better first day of Birthday Season!
This being said, I think the season began a little early this year with me having an opportunity to visit some friends in both Detroit and Houston earlier this week.
I had some skymiles doing nothing but gathering dust, so I put them to good use on Sunday.  Flying to Houston via Detroit (sounds crazy, but so worth it), I was able to spend some time with dear friends whom I do not get to see often enough.
See, one of the flight options to Houston from Atlanta using the same amount of skymiles provided a 3 hour layover in Detroit.  My best friend lives in Detroit.  She tried to fly down to see me during the winter, but the flights never worked out for her to do so.  Flying standby is more complicated these days...more people, fewer flights.  So, being the awesome friend she is, she met up with me at the airport on Sunday morning for  a few hours.  People watching is so much more fun with your best friend!  I have not laughed so hard in a long, long time.  Ask me about cajun fruit and airport clocks sometime...then again, you might have had to be there to truly appreciate how funny both things are. :)  God has blessed me tremendously with my Deb!
It was truly a blessing to see my #bff!

#bff

A few hours later, and a catnap or two on the plane, I arrived in Houston at the house of dear friends I met in 2011 when on a mission trip in Alaska.  To say I love their family is saying too little.  But, how do you put into words effectively how much one treasures another person.  God had such a hand in our paths crossing and He provides an opportunity for us to see each other at just the right time when we need each other time and time again.  Whether for a day or a week, spending time together brings joy, laughter, and life struggle sharing...and I leave refreshed.  Stacey is indeed a sister-friend.  How I left Houston without any photo of us together is simply dumbfounding.  We even talked about how we needed a new photo together when I arrived Sunday, but had not taken one by the time I left Tuesday morning.  One of the last photos of us together is simply hilarious.  Still makes me laugh when I think about it and how much fun we had this day together. 
laughinthefaceofdanger

So, there you have it.  The wonderful beginning to another Birthday Season.  It was an amazing start with a promising outlook for the same kind of middle and end. 
God is so good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.