Skip to main content

routine?

You tell me.
Six months ago today a "routine" mammogram found my otherwise undetectable cancer.
Around a year ago as the boys were finishing school, we were in the midst of packing/moving/building, and I was preparing to be away for three weeks, I began to make phone calls.  It was time to get all sorts of routine appointments made...eye exam, physical, etc.
One of those was for a mammogram.
I had one when I was 38 and, although I had to have two then to rule out questionable areas, I was given the all clear and told to come back when I was 40.
Do the math.
I went back at 41.
This is the awesome God part of my procrastination...I asked my surgeon her best expert guess at how long my cancer had been there at the time it was discovered.
She said 6 months to a year, max.
Do the math again.
Had I gone at 40 there is a grand chance my cancer could have gone undetected then...or it may not have even existed depending upon the month of my appointment.  I could have gone for another year, most likely two, without knowing cancer had invaded my system.
My routine exam became a divine appointment.
Not too early; not too late.
Exactly on time.
Make the phone call.
God is good...no matter what!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.