Skip to main content

3 in 30: March Week 2

I'm halfway there!
March goal update...
Get to bed by 11pm every night...success again this week!  Praise God for His help and thank you for the encouraging comments.  It was close one night, but I squeaked by with a bedtime of 10:58.  Totally paid for it the following day, too...so tired!  It didn't help that it was pouring rain outside and that always encourages a nap.  I didn't give in to that lovely thought, though, beacause it would have thrown off my bedtime.
Make it to my ladies' Bible study every Monday...made it on time and even remembered I had volunteered to bring the snack in time to make homemade blueberry bars!  They were yummy, if I do say so myself. :)
Focus on part one of a multi-part goal to become a better Proverbs 31 woman. This week's verse to work on..."She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family and portions for her female servants."...Yes, I did do this again and am really enjoying my time at the Y in the mornings.  I really didn't expect that this goal would expand and include keeping two previous goals going as well.  January's goal of getting to the Y and February's goal of drinking more water have gone hand in hand with my 3rd goal this month.  I've even gone above and beyond the original Y goal and have gone to the Y every day of March except on Sundays...I amazed myself, even!
Time change this weekend has me concerned...Monday morning is going to be rough!  Glad I have a couple of weeks under my belt and am encouraged by the progress thus far so I can talk myself out of bed at "4 AM" even though the clock says it's 5 AM.
Hope everyone is feeling encouraged to make steps toward their goals this month!  You can do it!

Comments

  1. You are doing a great job! I have been super bad with the bedtime this week. Enough is enough, I need to draw a line on time as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. I keep forgetting about time change. We actually don't change time in our province. However it does affect my tv viewing. It is hard to get up when we've lost an hour. I'll be praying for you that you don't get discouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your goals! I, too, have a goal of an 11 pm bedtime, but I didn't make it every night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. Totally forgot it was daylight savings time. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a rock star with the progress you are making and your dedication...especially to the exercise!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.