Skip to main content

finish strong friday

20150515_143246Friday's Birthday Season's gifts included a favorite of ours...Final Day of School!!!! We celebrated lunch out at a local pizza place and then ran a few errands.  The boys had been given some gift certificates for finishing their books in Awana, so we went to 5 Below and found some treasures.  I found a $5 t-shirt that I love...it's in a pic below.  After shopping, the boys needed haircuts.  It just so happens that the boys' favorite place for haircuts is right next door to The Mix, a local froyo place.  Yes, we celebrated again...well, I stopped at Dunkin and bought myself a coconut decaf, the boys had froyo.
20150515_175213 After arriving home, it was time to get in my workout for the day.  Friday is leg day in P90X.  I love leg day.  It is actually Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X day.  It works up a great sweat and is a whole lot more fun than cardio. {smile}
20150515_213226Before long, it was time to take off for Alex's baseball game.  He was the clean up batter (4th in the rotation).  The team has been playing so well lately.  This game was more of the same.  The game was a real barn burner  The lead went back and forth until the other team tied us in the top of the ninth. Our boys had to dig in and make something happen with their bats...and they did!  Base hits and stolen bases brought about the winning run.  It was so amazing to watch!  For the night Alex was 1 for 3...striking out twice, but at his third at bat getting a solid 2 RBI base hit.  I ♥ my ball player! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.