Skip to main content

a rainout

May 4th...(fell asleep before writing this post last night)
Both boys' sporting events were cancelled due to rain.  They spent the weekend with Nana and Pawpaw, so Scott and I had all day together.  He dropped me off at the Y and ran some errands, then when he picked me back up we headed into Atlanta.
While browsing around antique and furniture stores, two emails came through and made my day.  Ticket reservations for my mom, sister, one niece and my nephew to come down at the end of May to come and see us!  Happy Dance!
While we are going to go up to Indiana this coming weekend for Mother's Day, it's exciting to have family come down, too.  They are coming down to help us settle in and unpack in the new house.
Add to the wonderful family time news, a new sofa and two new chairs for the living room...and a new work desk for Scott...and you have a wonderful, albeit wet, 4th day of Birthday Season!
Now, let's just hope the house is finished by then... :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L.E.N.S. photo challenge: learning spaces

 Join in on the photo challenge fun at Home Is Where You Start From . 

#TransformationTuesday

"But God has surely listened and has heard my prayer."  Psalm 66:19 As one who has struggled with weight all of my life, seeing the ups and downs in jean sizes became my reality.  I would lose some pounds only to face a stressor in life and see them return and bring friends along for the ride.  I spent years believing lies, yet secretly hoping for a better reality.  Lies that I am not capable of overcoming my sweet tooth and that I am just not the workout type, topped the list.  I have never really lacked self esteem or self confidence; I know who I am.  However, I know from personal experience, others define me by what they first see.  Having been a plus-size lady for years, I was treated differently, intentionally or not, when I dropped pounds. My health journey to where I am today began back in 2010. It is amazing that things do not happen accidentally, even if they seem to in the beginning. Actually, as the pieces of my story have come together, this story begins w

anchored

My word for 2018.  Anchored. To keep from drifting. Representative of stability and strength. Connected. Held.  Grounded.  Positioned.  Fixed. Movable. Small, yet, essential part of a bigger entity. It is a standard by which to live; a goal for which to strive. Anchored.